Creating an Automated Event or Automated Webinar - also known as a Pre-Recorded Event in Business Hangouts is very easy, with our Event Wizard.
Creating a New Automated Event
First, click on the 'Create Event' button in the top-left corner of your main dashboard:
Then, follow the prompts to host a Pre-Recorded Event:
Next, you can choose your Event Title, as well as the event time and date (and the time zone the event will be operating in).
You will also choose when the Webinar is run. You can choose to run it at a specific date and time, hourly, recurring on a schedule or immediately after the person registers (on-demand).
Your last step will show you your Registration Link - you can copy this link and put it into your communications with your attendees by hitting the 'copy' button beside the link on the right-hand side. Hit the 'Finish' button to be taken to the Event Dashboard, to complete customizing your event:
Customizing an Automated Event
Now that your new event is created, you can customize it.
The General settings allow you to customize things like the title, the length of the event, or change from a free or paid event.
The next tab will allow you to customize your Email Notifications. It will default to sending out a confirmation email to everyone who registers, as well as Reminder notifications four hours and one hour before the event.
You can change these confirmations by changing the text in the box, and clicking on 'Save' when done.
For the Reminder Notifications, you can add, edit or remove Reminders by clicking on the associated buttons. Remember to Save after you make any changes!
You can also set up Follow-Up, Did Not Attend or Early Abandon emails as well.
- Follow-Up Emails will send to everyone who attended the webinar. This is a great way to send out reminders of special offers, how to contact you following the webinar, or any other information that you wish to send to your audience after the event. You can set the time to follow up (one hour following the webinar, etc.) and you can set multiple follow-ups as well containing different messages (say, if there was a special offer expiring in 12 hours).
- Did Not Attend emails will send to those people who registered but did not attend the webinar. This audience you might want to treat differently and direct them to sign up for a future event or set up a meeting with you, depending on your requirements.
- Early Abandon attendees are those who attended but left before the end of the event. You can send these attendees special messages depending on your requirements, as well as discover why they dropped off, to help you optimize your content in the future.
The Registration tab allows you to customize your Registration page, add images for the guest speakers, add an introductory video, or change the text on the Registration Page. It will also allow you to add custom fields to collect additional information from your attendees if you need to.
We always recommend keeping your Registration Page short and direct, and only collect required information - the more information they have to consume on the page or enter on the form, the less likely people will register.
Thank You Page
You can customize your Thank You for Registering page with a short video, or you can redirect your attendees to a custom link on a page that you wish to send them to.
The Webinar Options tab allows you to set features for the in-webinar experience. These include:
Chat: The in-room chat function can be selected between Global Chat, Moderated Chat or Custom Integration.
- Global Chat - this will allow all webinar participants to see each other's messages. Attendees will be able to read other attendee messages.
- Moderated Chat - this will allow all attendees to see the Host's messages, and the Host must approve the messages from attendees to be displayed to other attendees. This is a good feature to add when you have a large room and want to control the flow of information in the chat.
- Custom Integration - if you prefer to use an alternate Chatbot tool, then this will allow you to paste the code and use that chat tool.
Hosts can always remove messages from the chat window from all attendees and are able to download the chat transcript after the event.
Display on Completion: this allows you to display a standard 'Event Over' page, or redirect your audience to a special sales page or your own website. If you have selected Replay under the Replay Menu, then they can also be redirected there.
Missed webinar action: if someone clicks on your webinar link after the event is over, this will tell Business Hangouts how to deal with this: tell the participant the event is over (No Action), redirect to a replay (if turned on), or redirect to a web page. You can also display a custom message if you care to.
Custom Branding Logo: You can replace the in-room Business Hangouts logo in the top-left with your own logo.
The Replay function is automatically set to Disabled; however, if enabled, it will record your webinar and replay it for people who missed it initially. This will also allow you to record and use as an automated webinar if you so choose.
After someone has watched the Replay, you can choose to send them to a website or display a custom message.
The Presenters Menu allows you to set up additional Co-Presenters for your Live Webinar. They will receive a special link to log in and identify themselves as a Presenter to the Business Hangouts system, which will allow them to broadcast their video and audio, as well as screen share to the audience.
An Organizer will not be allowed to present, but will be allowed access to the Chat and other Host functions in the webinar to help control and produce the webinar.
With your Live Event properly configured, it is now time to promote your event. As always, let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking on the 'Submit a Request' button along the top.
Thank you for choosing Business Hangouts!