You can simulate a chat box to your audience in order to make it feel more like a 'live' event if you so desire.
To create a simulated message file, create a spreadsheet with the following columns:
Timecode is done at the time during the event you wish for the message to appear. It is done in hour:minute: second format. For example, 00:05:00 means the message would appear at the 5-minute mark in your webinar.
The name can be either first name or full name.
Message can be any length, but we do recommend keeping it to 140 characters or less.
A sample file would look like this:
Once you have finished your file, save it in CSV format.
To set these up:
- Log in to your Account Dashboard.
- Click on 'All Events'.
- Click on 'Automated Events' from the submenu.
- Click on 'Edit' next to the event that you wish to edit.
- Click on 'In-Webinar Options' from the event submenu.
- Click on 'Manage Simulated Messages'.
- Click on 'Import Messages'.
- Import the file you created above by clicking on the 'Choose File', then 'Import Message File'.
Once you have done this, your simulated messages will appear during your automated event.
As always, let us know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions by sending us an email to email@example.com or clicking on the 'Submit a Request' button along the top.
Thank you for choosing Business Hangouts!